Evenotes
Today, we learned how to use an Evernote.
I think, the learning potential of Evernote is very high.
Especially, I liked the way we can save the screenshots easily and can annotate, draw some characters on it.
I have used Evernote as an application before and at that time, I thought it is not helpful at all, because we cannot edit the note at the same time like Google Docs therefore we need to refresh it all the time if we want to use it on two different computers at the same times.
However, web clipper is much better because we can separate it as different notebooks and therefore it will be well organized.
Compared to Zotero, it is much more visualized and it is very nice.
For me, it was very hard to capture informations from wordy Zotero notes actually...
So now I am really happy to know the correct way of how to use an Evernote!
Watching videos about C.R.A.P.
This video shows a designing principles for slideshows.
C stands for CONTRAST
which includes
-color contrast (text compared to the background...strong/weak, good/bad)
-size contrast (title compared to the subtitle)
R stands for REPETITION
which is because we can
-search for information
-capture information
-organize and store information
-share information
-involves teamwork
Therefore we should repeat the elements for example, imagery, font style and size, in order to make a collaborative production.
A stands for ALIGNMENT
we should put the words where it is cognitively right.
P stands for PROXIMITY
-title and subtitle/name institution must be separated. (don't make it squashed)
What was new to me was
-no 1-7-7 slide
-no graphs made of mixture of woods and metalics
-make slides that are effective for audience to remember and learn
-use serif fonts to make words easy to read ("san" makes the words more thicker)
-avoid using clipart
-don't use animations video or sounds to entertain
What I already knew was
-no documents
-no slide-uments
-no notes
-no graphs with too much information
-no missleading graphs that might confuse the audience
-no bad contrasts
-use large, high-resolution photos that can communiate clear message
-avoid using anything with watermarks
-avoid cute things
-make sure your images are relevant
-use as few words as possible
Our topic for the final presentation is "food".
I am taking a part of "washoku boom"!
We had "washoku" signed up for a UNESCO? and from that time washoku is on a boom.
For example there are lots and lots of sushi restaurants all over the world,
and bento, a Japanese lunch boxes are now so pupolar in France!
I would like to make sure that I won't make any of the mistakes shown in here for my final presentations...!
I am taking a part of "washoku boom"!
We had "washoku" signed up for a UNESCO? and from that time washoku is on a boom.
For example there are lots and lots of sushi restaurants all over the world,
and bento, a Japanese lunch boxes are now so pupolar in France!
I would like to make sure that I won't make any of the mistakes shown in here for my final presentations...!
Hope I can do a great job :)
Thanks for reading till the end and sorry that this is very long...! :P
Your blog look really cool! The letters are little bit too small though. Your essay topic seems really fun! I am curious how much the washoku boom is spreading in the world! I am looking forward to listening to your group's presentation at the end of this term. Good luck for your papers and preparation for the festival! tata
返信削除sory to interupt! but Makiko, I love your "tata" expression. heheh
削除Yeah I am surprised at the size of my fonts...
削除How come it is so small!!!!!!!
Thanks for telling me that :)
I am now so relieved that our preparation for the festival is done!
I am so happy that it has ended up peacefully :)
Research on washoku booms are so absorbing...!!
I hope i can make my presentation fascinating! tata :P
Hey Yuri! We have our first draft essay coming up and I hope your research about washoku boom goes smooth! I am excited to hear about this because these days there has been going wagashi boom in my family. I hope we can make great presentation slides by using the tips from CRAP! See you later alligator!
返信削除Yuko:
削除Hey! Thanks for reading my blog! :)
I really hope my research is smooth...haha
Hope I can create something that looks like an essay till tomorrow!
Wagashi boom in your family??
Actually I do not prefer wagashi because I do not like anko but I like suama!
If you have a chance, try one!
Hi Yuri! I agree with what you said. Evernote is useful, especially when I am seeking for visualized information. This will help us when we make slides for our presentation, because good slides should be visually well-organized. In addition, I am looking for your research on washoku! Hope we'll do great!!!!!
返信削除Mizuki:
削除Thanks for reading my blog!
Yes, I love visualised informations because those take a lot of part in a short time...
I hope our presentations will be so beautifully visualised, too!
Hey Yuriiiiii! It's Karen:)
返信削除I didn't know that you have used evernote before! And it's a good think that you like evernote:) Trying the same thing again sometimes change your opinion or feeling about it!
Karen:
削除Thanks for reading my blog!
Yeah, I used it in class and it totally changed my image toward evernote so I may try to use something that I do not prefer again and again! It may change my opinion some how :)
Yuri!! Sorry for my late comment :((
返信削除I agree with you that it is useful that we can do screenshots on Evernote:)
I want to explore more too!
My reply is late, too :0
削除Screenshots helped me a lot during my essay citation!
Have you explored something interesting?
Yuri I think your blog is the most clear and a lot of information compares to mine ! Thanks for having great work on ICU festival! We all respect you somehow your professional work ability. But don't fall apart one day!
返信削除I was so surprised when you explain what you already knew and what you learnt this time new. I want to follow your idea because it is useful for me too to know them. DO you mind if I do the same thing from now on?
I think you are very good at dealing Computer and electronic stuff.... help me out when you have extra free time! Love ya!
Hey Bomi :)
削除Thanks for your sweat comment♥
Actutally there were some people who worked for us more than I did...
So please tell them thank you haha :)
I hope my sleepover does not make me fall apart...X0
Bomi, I really respect the way you look at people!!!
You make the others happy :P
Yes, of course you can do it...
I am not sure what its really is, but I am glad I may be could do something plus to you.
I am not a professional so there are things I can not do, too.
But if I can help you, I will!
Tell me anytime :]
Love you too!